Healthy Blueberry muffins recipe that is eggless are my favourite kind & they always bring joy. This recipe is super easy to make & a great option for breakfast or snacks, especially for a busy toddler.
There is a funny story about how I came up with this recipe. They say terrible twos are hard. And while my daughter was about to be 2, we found her more cranky and most of the time reason was low sugar or she was tired running around. My husband tried giving her a small glass of orange juice and immediately we saw her crankiness vanish. That is when I realized that some extra snacks which have slight sugar or fruits can help with the energy levels. I also wanted to try an eggless recipe. Hence the discovery of this eggless blueberry muffins recipe is our family’s favourite.
Toddler-Friendly food alternatives
By choosing healthy alternative ingredients, these eggless blueberry muffins make great toddler-friendly food. And well, it can be altered for allergies as well. For dairy intolerance, you can use almond milk or soy milk; you can even make it sugar-free by adding a banana – making it baby-friendly. I love baking sugar-friendly & healthy recipes. Check out some of my toddler-friendly food recipes.
In this recipe, I have chosen to use rolled oats as a healthy alternative for kids. Helping to increase fibre in their diet and also keep them full for a little longer. Milk is used to keep the muffins moist and soft. I have also tried almond milk and it tastes no different. You can also add egg to make it fluffy but I have omitted here to make it egg-free.
Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe – What you need?
The secret to a fluffy and delicious muffin is the right measurements of ingredients. Extra baking soda can make it rise too much and too little can make it flat. And also the right temperature and time that needs to be maintained while baking. From my experience, baking too much or not allowing it to cool down can make the muffins hard. And blueberries can bake too much making the muffins too sour to eat. Follow the instructions in the order to get a perfect consistency.
I always follow a pattern when it comes to baking. I keep all the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately and mix them in order. Since we are making eggless blueberry muffins, I take all the wet ingredients – milk, butter and vanilla extract and mix them well. Adding sugar while mixing helps dissolve sugar and even the sweetness.
Using granulated sugar makes it easier to mix. You can use brown sugar or coconut sugar as an alternative. I love to sprinkle some on top of the muffin before baking to get a nice crunch. Mix in all the dry ingredients – oats, baking soda and salt and fold them to get a cake dough consistency. Add in blueberries at the end and mix it evenly. Use fresh and sweet blueberries. Frozen blueberries can also be used.
You can let your little one enjoy this guilt-free healthy blueberry muffins recipe that is baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
More Toddler-friendly food Recipes
Since sharing this healthy blueberry muffins recipe, I just wanted to share a couple more recipes that can be done using similar dough.
- Replace Blueberries with Strawberries or banana or lemon gest to make it a toddler-friendly muffin recipe.
- Try our gluten-free birthday cake recipe which can be a great birthday cake alternative with absolutely no sugar and sweetened naturally.
- Try our gluten-free peanut butter cookie and butter cookie recipes that make a healthy toddler snack.
Healthy Blueberry muffins recipe – that is easy & toddler-friendly
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix it till it dissolves. This helps even the sweetness.
- Add rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Toss in blueberries and mix well. I did add a couple of strawberries as well to add color & flavor.
- Add scoops of dough to butter greased muffin pan.
- Optionally you can sprinkle cane sugar on top to get nice crunch on the top.
- Bake them for 20- 30 minutes until they are baked well.Enjoy the delicious muffins.
- Oats can be replaced with almond flour or all-purpose flour.
- Vegan – Replace Milk with almond or soy milk for the Vegan version.
- You can also add flaxseeds to make it healthier.
- Replace sugar with coconut sugar or banana.